Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lest I Forget: His Forgiveness- Go Now and Leave Your Life of Sin

One of the things I love about Jesus, is that He never judged and never condemned a sinner. John 3:16-17 says,

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

A couple of weeks ago, I came across the account of the adulterous women in John 8 and got excited about what Jesus said to her. He said,

Vs 11- "go now and leave your life of sin"

I love this because Jesus could have lectured her with all of the laws and the rules and the commandments! He could have condemned her! He could have scolded her and publicly humiliated her more then she already was! But instead,can't you hear the gentle voice of the Saviour say,

"woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?"

Shaking and terrified because she KNEW the punishment she deserved, she answered, " No one sir."

And Jesus said, Then neither do I condemn you. Go now and leave your life of sin."

I love it, because Jesus still is doing that for you and me today! There is no condemnation, no guilt, no shame spoken to our guilt ridden hearts and souls. (Just like the adulterous woman caught in her sin, we too feel the guilt and shame of our sin because we know what is right and what is wrong). Jesus simply speaks to us and says, "don't do it anymore. No one here is condemning you, and neither do I."

I want to encourage you and myself as well. I do not know what your today has looked like, what your yesterday was filled with or even what you did 10 years ago. But I do know this...... It doesn't really matter. Do not feel condemned or guilty, because in Jesus Christ you can find forgiveness. There is no deed, no sin, no action, no choice, that is bigger then His forgiveness! There is no condemnation in Jesus Christ! He became our sin on the cross so that we could become His righteousness! He has covered it already! All we have to do is believe in Him and accept His forgiveness which is freely offered to each one of us NO MATTER WHAT WE HAVE DONE! He simply says to each of us, "continue on and don't do that thing anymore."

I know some of you may read this and say, you don't understand. This sin has a hold on me. I can't just quit. I am here to tell you, YES YOU CAN! Because through Jesus Christ, all things are possible! My pastor recently made a strong and true statement. You are enslaved to whatever it is you choose to be obedient too. It is the truth! Do you choose to be obedient to Christ and His will and His desire for your life or do you choose to be obedient to your addiction or temptation that is in your life? I know because I was once an addict and through the strength and only through His strength I have been set free. If Jesus can do it for me, then I know He can do it for you! I will not lie to you, it is not always an easy road to walk. There will be temptation and you may even stumble and fall, but if you keep your eyes on Jesus, He will carry you through. So, I encourage you and me today! Do not feel condemned or judged, but know that you are forgiven. Accept His forgiveness and then go and leave your life of sin behind you, in the Name of Jesus!

No comments: