Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Rantings and Ravings of a Busy Mom: Sometimes

I wrote this a coule weeks ago after a particularly crazy day......and after last week, thought I needed to read it again and be reminded of what God shared with me!

Sometimes......I try my best to be SUPER MOM, only to realize, in the middle of the whirlwind
My cape has flown off
Sometimes......I feel I am treading water; barely keeping my head above the waves, realizing
I may sink at any moment
Sometimes......I take the DEEPEST BREATH I can and dive in; only to realize, 100 feet under,
my breathe wasn't deep enough
And now I am hoping, praying for an oxygen tank to float by
Sometimes......I feel like a rag doll in a hurricane; tossed and pulled in three different directions
by three little voices
with three different needs
while I'm making super
organizing schedules
doing homework
and trying to leave........So I can breathe, even if only for an hour
 
 
And then I realize
Sometimes I need a NEW FOCUS and a
NEW PERSPECTIVE
 
 
 
Sometimes......It is ok to not be SUPER and just be MOM, cause that is all they want anyway
Just Me
Sometimes......Instead of barely keeping my head above the water, I stop my frantic treading
and enjoy
the refreshing coolness of the water
from the heat of my day
and I give thanks
Sometimes......Instead of taking the DEEPEST BREATH ever and plunging in; I exhale
let my hair down
and realize
I am not sinking
Rather
I am on the ride of my life
the wind is in my face
the convertable top is down
my hands are in the air
 I suck in the craziness of it all
Sometimes......Instead of being torn and tossed in three different directions; I allow the storm to be
silenced
with HIS WORD
Peace
and with great enjoyment
I watch and see
the life of each child unfold
each talent become revealed
each heart full of what HE has placed inside
And I marvel
That I was chosen to go along for the ride
and watch them thrive
 
 
It is then, I realize........Not SOMETIMES, but ALWAYS
I HAVE BEEN BLESSED!

2 comments:

Rhonda Schrock said...

That's right! Such a powerful lesson to learn, and one I've been learning as well.

You sound pretty super to me. :)

Melody said...

Yes, it is good for me to go back and reread this too.....I think it is a continued lesson I am always learning! Blessings to you Rhonda!