Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Flower Gardens

Do you know what I love about flower gardens?  I love that each year, when I get outside and start working in my garden, God starts talking. 

Lesson #1:  The best time to pull weeds is right after the rain.  The soil is soft and pliable and the roots of a weed, even the ones that go down deep, are easier to dig out.  Our heart is like that.  We don't always like the gloominess of rain or the harshness of a storm.  But after it is over, we find the rain that soaked down into the hard ground of our hearts has been softened.  And in that softened state, it is easier for us to start pulling out a little bit of bitterness, a little bit of pride, a little bit of jealousy, a little bit of.......you name it.  Let His love soak your heart.  Let it wash over you and make you new.  And in the times of the storm and the rain, remember; He has not forgotten in.  In fact, He is soaking you and giving you opportunity to pull out some weeds.


Lesson #2:  The beauty of the flower garden shines even brighter after the weeds and dead plants from last year are gone.  It is easy for us to hide behind our "weeds".  It is easy just to leave them there.  But, wow, how the true beauty of the flowers shine when they are no longer hidden by weeds and left over dead plants from last year.  You can actually see how pretty those flowers are!  You are beautiful!  Your heart is beautiful and dearly loved by the Father.  Don't allow your "weeds" and dead material from the past hide your true beauty.  Get out from behind all those things.  Clean them out and see how brightly your beauty will shine!

No comments: