Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Esther: The Rest of the Story

It has been awhile since I have posted.....cause I lost the Bible with my notes in it :)  Anyway, this last piece continues to be on my heart, because I think God is doing a work inside of my own heart in this area.  It is the area of patience, trust, and faith. 

In the last post, I mentioned how Esther took the time to fast and pray before jumping right into trying to fix the problem.  I like to jump right in and if an answer doesn't present itself quickly enough, I become anxious.  However, Esther, though she may and most likely did feel a measure of anxiety and fear because of the situation, still took the time to seek God.  The flip side to this, as you read the rest of the book of Esther is this:  In her seeking and waiting, she allowed God to work in the background in His time and His way. 

Often in my haste to find an answer and a solution, I bulldoze past God and try to make my own way.  Not that I am bigger then God or stronger than Him, but what I mean is I take control instead of giving Him control.  A lot can be lost when we do things are own way and on our own time.  When we forget to seek Him first and wait for His direction, we miss out on what He is doing in the background.  It is the stuff we can't see, nor do we know about until He is ready to reveal it to us.  But when we take over, we miss that part.  And that part is important.  Because, it is always His perfect will for us.  His timing and His way is always perfect and best.

No comments: