Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Friday, March 11, 2011

At the Feet of Jesus

Over the last day or so, I have found myself in a very familiar state of mind.  One of worry, fretfulness, and asking the "what if's" and "why nots".  I have often found myself asking questions that sometimes are not even worth answering.  Everytime the outcome is the same:  worry, anxiety, and fear.  I know that none of these things are from God and are a complete distraction intended to take my focus off of Him.  This morning, He reminded me of the peace that is found at His feet.

It is hard for me to explain the joy and peace that washed over me, when I settled myself down at His feet this morning.  Peace. Quiet. Calm.  Rest.  Everything else, the swirling of the thoughts in my mind, the fear, concern, worry they just simply disappeared.  All that was left was Jesus! 

I understand why the sinful woman washed Jesus' feet with her tears.  She understood the mercy, grace, and forgiveness that is found in Him.  It is at His feet she was forgiven and all of her past was washed away.  All of the worry, burden, and cares she  must have been carrying with her were simply gone.  What a precious place to be and a place that I do not desire to leave.  It is the only place that I have found where I find complete rest, peace, and refreshment.  Jesus washes all the cares of this world away and brings me back to the one and only that matters - Him!

He wants to do the same for you!  Lay it down at His feet!  He wants it all.  Worry.  Fear. Lonliness. Sin. Regret. Anxiety.  Trade it in for His peace that passes all understanding.  You will find freedom and rest at the feet of Jesus.  Everything else will wash away and in Him you will find peace!


Casting Crowns - At Your Feet

"Here at your feet, I lay my life down
For you my King, your all I want now
And my soul sings . . . "

1 comment:

Amelia Marie said...

God just spoke through you, to me... Thank you for these precious words. <3