Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

"But take Heart! I have overcome the world" Part 2

When I wrote the last post, I did not realize how very quickly I would be given the opportunity to put into practice what God had spoken to me.  Thursday night I went to bed with an extremely sore throat.  I assumed that it came from the 3 hour chior practice that I had just been at.  I was sure my throat was just raw and it would be better by morning.  I woke up at 3 AM with pain and took Excedrine Migraine, the only pain meds I could find in my groggy, half awake state of mind.  For the rest of the night I tossed and turned.  I got up in the morning feeling somewhat ok.  However, as my day progressed things just got worse and worse.  I took the kids with me to go get groceries (which is not ever a very pleasurable experience with all three of them since none of them want to be at the grocery store).  Somehow, an extremely short grocery list turned into almost a 2 hour expedition in which I had to stop several times to discipline and reprimand my energetic children.  My patience felt thin and my body began to feel even weaker.  On the way home, I began praying for strength to get through my day and decided that I would refuse to give into the temptation to complain, but that I would praise God.  I would trust Him to give me what I needed for today.

By the time we made it home, I had made lunch for the children and put away the groceries, I discovered that I had a 101.8 fever.  My whole body was aching and my throat was killing me.  I texted a couple of friends to be praying for me as I felt at the end of my rope with not feeling well.  I have been sick a lot this year, which is not normal for me.  I finally took a moment to sit down and take some medicine and the tears just started coming as I felt God place on my heart the verse that He had given me earlier in the day.  2 Corinthians 4:16-18.  These trials on earth are momentary compared to eternity with Jesus.  I continued to cry out to Jesus and continued to praise Him, reciting verses that would come to my mind and doing a lot of rebuking towards Satan. 

I was overcome by how personal my Jesus is!  How He speaks so personally to me.  He continued to lay verses and songs on my mind and heart throughout the day.  One of those verses was Isaiah 54:10:

 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord who has compassion on you."

Truly, if God is for me then who can be against me!  No sickness, no death, no angels, no demons, no heights, no depths, nothing can ever seperate me from the love of God!  He is here and He is able to carry us through our deepest trials and our weakest days.  His strength is enough and His power is made perfect in weakness.  He has overcome and is greater then he that is in this world!  Thank you Jesus for overcoming death, sin, and sickness!  Thank you for grace that is sufficient for me!  Thank you for being my everything!

No comments: