Several months ago, God shared with me a precious picture of my relationship with Him. I saw my front porch and rocking chairs. Jesus was sitting in one rocker and I was in the other. I was overwhelmed with the peace, joy, and freedom of simply being in His presence. It is in this place that He often speaks to me. This blog is dedicated to those conversations.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I Am Enough

I have spent most of my life feeling either like I am too much for people to deal with...to dramatic, to emotional, too perfect, too good, to excited, to complex, to active, to elaborate, dream to big, have to expensive of a taste

OR
 
feeling like I'm not enough....not strong enough, not big enough, not capable enough, not good enough, not acceptable enough, not perfect enough
 
 
Either way, I have felt displeasing to those around me.
 
 
And that is why I am so in love with my Jesus.  Because I am finding, that in Him, I am lacking nothing.  I am not too much to handle and I am not to little to be worth something.  In Him, I am complete.
 
He can handle me.  He can handle me beating Him on the chest, crying, screaming at Him that life is not fair, asking Him why, and demanding answers.  He can handle my huge dreams and hopes, my drama, my complexity, my emotions, and my racing mind.
 
He can also handle me in my very smallness, my weakness, every time I stumble, and not just stumble, but fall over the SAME stone over and over and over again.  He can handle my inabilities, my imperfections.
 
His response to me is always the same.  Open arms and gentle love.  Sometimes, He tells me what I need to hear even when He knows it will prick my soul, but He never belittles me.  He never throws His hands up in defeat and says, "I don't know what to do with you anymore.  You are just too much!"  He strengthens me in my weakness, helps me up when I fall, dusts my pants off, kisses me on the forehead, and says, "try again.  You haven't failed.  Just try again."
 
He loves me perfectly and in Him I am complete.
 
And because I am complete in Him, I can learn to stand secure in who I am in Him.
 
I want to encourage you today....if you feel like you are too much or not enough or maybe both....there is one in whom you can find complete wholeness, in whom, no matter what, you are enough.  Not because of anything you have done or not done, but simply because of what He has done for you and for me.
 
With arms opened wide and spread out
With a bruised brow and a broken body
He became the enough in all of our imperfections and inadequacies
 
That is why, in Him and only Him, you and I can be enough, can be complete, because through Him; He has made us complete and whole and enough.
 
You are enough.  You are acceptable and you are adequate.

 
 



No comments: